The Club encourages players and parents / guardians of junior cricketers to be actively involved in the development of junior cricket at Collingham. For those wishing to take coaching sessions, the club will require the volunteer to achieve a minimum of the Level 1 UKCC coaching qualification. We also encourage as many coaches as possible to attain the Level 2 qualification. The club will pay for courses as necessary.
Volunteers who are willing to work alongside the coaches, or to act as Team Managers will be required to undergo a DBS check (Formally CRB), attend a Child Welfare Awareness evening.
When recruiting new volunteers to the club, or an existing volunteer to a new role, the following checklist is used as a guide:
- Does the volunteer hold relevant and current qualifications for the role
- Do they have the skills necessary to undertake the role
- Do they have experience of working with the age group/level of player
- Where was the previous experience gained
- Does the volunteer agree to undertake any required training courses
- Do they hold adequate insurance cover (if appropriate)
- Do they understand and accept club policies & guidelines